From 9 September 2021, if you’ve been in business for at least 1 month before the alert level increase on 17 August 2021, you can apply for the Resurgence Support Payment (RSP). The original eligibility criteria was 6 months.
To be eligible for the RSP, your business must meet all of the following conditions.
• Must be physically present in New Zealand.
• All applicants must be 18 years or older.
• The business must have experienced a drop in revenue of at least 30% due to the increase in alert level.
• You’ve been in business for at least 1 month before the alert level increase on 17 August 2021.
• Businesses and organisations (including sole traders) must have a New Zealand Business Number.
• Not-for-profit organisations and Charities may be entitled to the RSP, provided they meet the other eligibility conditions.
• The business or organisation must be considered ongoing and viable.
• State sector organisations can apply to the Minister of Finance for an exemption to apply for the scheme as they are excluded from the RSP.
• Income such as interest and dividends, and all forms of residential and commercial rent – is excluded from the measurement of revenue.
Please note: the eligibility for the RSP is not affected by receiving any other Government COVID-19 support.
If you need more information, contact our team on 022 376 4977 for more specific advice.
By Shazreen Hussain
Follow our COVID TODAY NEWSPAPER on our website